Magnesium –we know that we need it in our diets but most of us don’t realize just how important magnesium is to our health. In fact, it is one of most important minerals in the body. Are you getting the magnesium you need? Do you have a magnesium deficiency?
60% of all the magnesium in your body is found in your bones and in your teeth while the remaining 40% can be found in your muscles. It is the most plentiful ion in the body.
The recommended dietary allowance for magnesium (
Soft drinks, alcohol, diuretics, high stress, strenuous exercise, digitalis, pregnancy, diabetes, lactating women, severe diarrhea, and kidney disease all deplete the body of magnesium meaning even if you are actually getting enough in your food you likely still have a magnesium deficiency.
Making it worse we take a magnesium supplement and think that we’ve covered our needs when in fact if you are taking a chelated supplement you are getting little more than 25% absorption. You must take a liquid mineral in order to enjoy almost 100% absorption. This happens because liquid ionic minerals are water based.
If you’re just depending on your food source to provide you with the necessary minerals, you’re going to find yourself deficient in magnesium and many other minerals. That’s because these very important minerals are actually found in the soil and the soil has now become depleted.
What are some of the first signs of magnesium deficiency? They include diarrhea, stomach ache, and loss of appetite. Over a longer period of time you can expect to find depression, arrhythmias, irritability, confusion, poor coordination, weakness, vomiting, nausea, muscle irritability, tremors, or nerve irritability.
Magnesium plays an important role in not only maintaining blood pressure but also reducing blood pressure. When you are magnesium deficient you will have increased sodium levels in the body, which causes more resistance leading to hypertension also called high blood pressure. That’s why those that eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables will generally have lower blood pressure. That’s also why those that take magnesium as a liquid ionic mineral see the benefits where as those that take other forms do not. The absorption must be high enough for the body to be able to use it.
Researchers also believe that magnesium plays an important role in reducing heart disease. There is evidence that with low levels of magnesium in the body comes a much higher risk of heart disease and complications associated with heart disease.
Osteoporosis is something we hear a lot of these days. Have you ever wondered why there didn’t seem to be as much osteoporosis only a couple of decades ago? Many would have you believe we just hear more about it so we’re more aware. The actual truth is that we are lacking magnesium. The soil is much more depleted of minerals now and in some areas the soil is actually dead with no signs of any of the trace minerals instead laden with chemicals. We can no longer depend on our food sources to provide us with the necessary minerals including magnesium which is why you must take a high quality magnesium supplement. For it to be usable by the body it must be in a liquid form.
Magnesium deficiencies are also linked with diabetes, and asthma, both of which are also on the increase. Heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis – chances are you know more than one person suffering from any one of these conditions. Go back 25 years and you’d be lucky if you found one person suffering from one of these diseases in a 5 mile radius. So what’s changed that affects everyone? The answer is the nutritional value of the food we eat – many foods actually contain very little of the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to stay healthy.
Your best line of defense includes taking a magnesium supplement. Remember you want liquid ironic minerals so that you get the maximum absorption. Be preventative and start today before one of these debilitating diseases attacks you and ones you love.